Tuesday, November 21, 2006

Time Flies

So I just had some interesting feelings tonight ...

I read through this paper I wrote my sophomore year for an English class. It was called "Living in an Ant Hill". It was about my adjustments to college life as a freshman. It was interesting to read through years later...I went through this period our freshman year when I really felt like I was lost in the crowd. The only faces I knew at Utah State were those of ambassadors. I remember stopping on the Quad one day between classes and it just hit me that I was a tiny dot among thousands of students and no one knew me or cared about what I did in high school. I felt overwhelmed in my biology classes that were full of pre-med, pre-dent, and pre-vet students. I felt like I was drowning in an ocean of overachievers. It was just weird to read over those feelings because they seem so distant now. Now I feel like Utah State is my home. I feel at peace on campus, ya know. I know most of the people in my classes (or at least I recognize them from classes over the years). I miss it when I go away. On my walks between classes I see tons of people I know.

Then tonight I was just reading through my journal from my freshman year and looking over the fall leadership manual. It got me feeling really reminiscent. I can not believe how fast time flies! I was just a freshman, I swear. It's so weird. I'm not sure if you're aware, but I am a SENIOR in COLLEGE. Holy junko! I feel so crazy right now. I guess looking over all of these things made me feel like a freshman again, and yet so much has happened since then. Hmm...

Good thing we still have eternity to look forward to, because I am starting to see how a lifetime can just fly by.

1 Comments:

At 6:41 PM, Blogger Lemon said...

Hey Kelli, I like the new look of the site. I know that really dates me for how long it has been since I have checked your site. Oops!

Hey I know how that feels. I have gratuated from Utah State with the old bachelors and am doing nothing with the college life, but I spend all day with elementary school kids. It is fun, but there are times when I really miss that comfortable confidence that one has as a senior. Well I hope all is going well! You are almost there. Keep it up. You Rock!

Lemon

 

Post a Comment

<< Home